The Columbia Gorge Tourism Alliance is committed to developing the region as a world-class sustainable tourism economy. This implicitly includes protecting and enhancing the scenic, natural, cultural and recreation resources of the Columbia River Gorge and neighboring Cascades, while highlighting our local communities off the beaten path.
Our strategies include:
- Spread seasonality of visitation
- Reduce congestion during peak seasons and in high-use areas
- Spread the benefits and increase the economic impact of tourism throughout the Gorge
- Integrate cultural heritage into the visitor experience, authentically and respectfully
- Connect resources to optimize destination marketing; and support the continued development of unique and compatible product offerings
- Capitalize upon the visionary projects already underway in the Gorge to ensure this place remains a world-class destination